I love coffee, and I love using CBD. Know what’s even better – putting them together!
There are some brands that sell these kinds of drinks, like these Green Roads coffees and teas, but if you have some oil sitting around and don’t want to buy another product, you can make your own at home! It first came to mind when I was visiting family over the holidays and my mom was preparing some tea, and she asked if I wanted a little honey in mine. Not just regular honey, but CBD honey. Yes, please!
I looked around the internet and have found a great recipe from Sean Markey, who is the publisher at Cannahealth, a cannabis education website. After making this myself at home, I highly recommend it! It makes a great espresso drink that is infused with CBD to give you the relief you seek, all while perking you up like your regular cup of joe in the morning.
CBD Coffee Recipe
First, let’s start off with what you’ll need to prepare the drink.
- 1Prepare a double shot of espresso, then put it aside. As a substitution, you could also make a cup of strong coffee.
- 2Put the sweetener and drinking chocolate together in a mug.
- 3Add your CBD tincture, using the dropper, directly on top of the drinking chocolate.
- 4Pour the espresso (or coffee) onto the drinking chocolate and mix it together (you can optionally add milk frother).
- 5In the microwave, heat the creamer for 30 seconds. Alternatively, you could also heat it on the stovetop until is just below a boil.
- 6Add the hot creamer into the mug with the espresso/chocolate mixture.
- 7Blend together all the ingredients in the mug with a milk frother.
If you want to add a little extra finish, you can reserve a small amount of creamer in a microwave-safe container and blend it together with the milk frother for a little extra foam on top of your drink.